11 James Street, STORNOWAY Isle of Lewis HS1 2QN
Accommodation Reservations t: +44(0)1851 706600 e: email@example.com
The Caladh Inn is perfectly situated for business or pleasure journeys to Stornoway and the Outer Hebrides.
There are direct air services to Stornoway airport from Glasgow, Edinburgh, Inverness, Aberdeen and Benbecula. By sea, Calmac’s MV Isle of Lewis sails between Stornoway and Ullapool, twice each way on all week days (3x some Summer days) and once on Sundays.
Stornoway, the ‘county town’ of the Western Isles, is centrally placed for touring the Isle of Lewis and the most southerly point of the Isle of Harris is only about 1.5 hours’ drive from the Caladh Inn.
The only one-way car hire for a holiday journey between Lewis and Barra (or Barra and Lewis) is available as part of an Outer Hebrides holiday package from Hebridean Hopscotch Holidays, which may include the Caberfeidh Hotel if you choose it as part of your Scottish island hopping holiday.
Taxi fare approx GBP10.
Total distance 2.8 miles, 10 minutes by car.
1. Exit the airport roundabout and follow signs towards Stornoway Town Centre A866.
2. At approximately 2.8 miles, Comhairle nan Eilean Siar (Council Offices) and Nicolson Institute (School) are on your right - turn left into Caladh Inn car park (before roundabout). Extensive additional car parking is also available on the left, directly after passing the hotel.
Total distance 0.2 miles, 1 minute by car.
1. Turn left out of Ferry Terminal onto Shell Street
2. In 0.1 miles at the first roundabout, then take the 2nd exit onto James St A866.
3. Continue for a further 0.1 miles until the hotel is seen on your right. Turn right into the hotel car park, just before reaching the hotel.
On foot, follow signs from the ferry terminal to enter the bus station alongside the roundabout referred to in '2' above. Then walk about 150 metres along James Street to the hotel,
The bus station is so close, alongside the roundabout at the bottom of James Street it's almost certainly more practical to walk the 150 metres or so. If you have arrived at the ferry port as a foot passenger with heavy luggage, you may take a taxi at the ferry terminal entrance.
Nearest train station is Inverness. From Inverness, take Citylink coach to Ullapool for Stornoway ferry. http://www.calmac.co.uk
It is essential that you pre-book the Citylink coach at http://www.citylink.co.uk
On disembarking, take a taxi or walk from ferry terminal - see directions above.
1. From south, west and north follow signs for town centre at first roundabout. Turn left at second roundabout (after Co-Op supermarket) - into Matheson Road
2.Cross straight over traffic lights, continuing on Matheson Road (This is the only traffic light controlled road junction in the Outer Hebrides!)
4. After a further 0.2 miles, the hotel is directly across the roundabout at the end of Matheson Road. Turn right into James Street and left immediately after the hotel into car park.
3. From the east (Point peninsula), after crossing the Braighe causeway join the airport route shown above.
11 James Street
Stornoway, Isle Of Lewis HS1 2QN
T. 01851 702740
F. 01851 703158
Seaforth Hotel (Stornoway) Limited t/a Caladh Inn, Registered Office: 11 James Street, Stornoway Isle of Lewis HS1 2QN
Company Registered in Scotland No SC064817. VAT Reg. No: 481 5881 17
Copyright © 2013